In the event of school closure you are able to access home learning materials by click on the appropriate year group
- Big Cat Collins have created an account for parents to access phonetically decodable texts online. All you need to do is go online to https://connect.collins.co.uk/school/portal.aspx and log in as a teacher using the following details:
Click Big Cat Collins and it will allow you access to a range of book banded texts your child can read. Click the colour they are reading and it brings up a book. There are also some extra resources for some books, like matching up key words or answering questions.
- How would you like to visit The Natural History Museum without leaving your own home? Click here for a link to the virtual tour.
- Click to read 'The Book of Hopes: Words and Pictures to Comfort, Inspire and Entertain Children in Lockdown' a collection of short stories, poems and pictures.
- Your child's emotional health and wellbeing are just as important as academic progress. Click here to try these fun Monster Mindfulness activities together.
- If you are looking for some ideas to supplement the home learning that has been provided by our class teachers have a look at the new daily BBC Bitesize service. Click here for the link
The UK government have also published a list of online education resources for home learning. Click here for the link
- The Education Endowment Foundation have also published some guidance around supporting home learning. Click here for the link.